A couple of weeks ago the ever great ospreyshire nominated me for the Vincent Ehindero blogger award. Not seen this award before, but Curtis always has some fun questions to offer so thank you again for nominating me! Remember to check out both of his blogs, Ospreyshire’s Realm and Iridium Eye Reviews, they’re both worth following. So, what are the rules?
Here are the rules:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
-Post the award logo.
-Post the rules.
-Nominate up to 20-30 other bloggers and notify them.
-Notify Vincent of your nomination, via comment.
-After notifying Vincent, he’ll check out your blog, follow and give you your unique award for the good work on your blog.
-I’m not sure if we are supposed to have some questions for the nominees, but I’ll make some for them.
I’m going to skip nominating bloggers as 20-30 is really excessive and, honestly, that’s how these things get out of hand so take this as an open invitation. If you’re interested then feel free to join in! On to the questions:
1. If you could get one singer, band, or composer to score a movie based on your life, who would it be?
This is a tough one because, well, honestly I don’t think I’ve done anything in my life worthy of being made into a film, so far at least. At the minute I guess I’d pick a band like Madness, purely for the nostalgia. They were one of the first bands I properly got into, alongside the likes of Queen, so I count them as part of the soundtrack of my formative years.
2. Which three countries would you like to visit that you have never been to before?
I’ve always said that I’d like to visit both Japan and the USA at some point, I am constantly consuming anime and american tv shows and I want to see their countries of origin for myself at least once. I want to soak in that culture directly, rather through a screen, I’ll just wait while the world’s calmed down a bit before I do that.
As for the third country, I’d probably pick India, that one I’ll put down to the Aru Shah books I’ve been reading and enjoying so much.
3. What is one thing you wish you could do right now if COVID-19 didn’t happen?
Honestly, get a haircut. Some local barbers are starting to reopen, but I still don’t quite feel safe getting close to people outside my bubble. At some point I’ll break, my hair is getting quite long now and that usually sends me crawling up the walls (I really dislike having long hair), but I can hold out a little longer.
4. Describe how you feel at the moment when you post this award post in a haiku form.
Brain is Fail.
I So Struggle with Haikus.
Suck At This I Do.
5. Which fictional character would you want to hang out with for an entire day? What things would you do? What conversations would you have?
This may have something to do with the fact that I’ve been bingeing through classic episodes of Doctor Who and my audio drama collection, but I’m going to pick my favourite Time Lord, the Doctor! (Not that any of this has anything to do with a certain plan I have for my blog come December, oh no). We’d traverse the time vortex, toppling dictators and lending a helping hand where we can, all the while visiting all the strange and beautiful places of the universe. We’d talk about their life and the people they’ve met, the people they’ve been and then be back in time for tea, after a few more detours. Sounds like a perfect day to me.
- You are given a device that can erase specific parts of your memory, mostly tv series, films and books that you’ve watched/read. What do you want to experience again for the first time?
- Quick, aliens are invading but they have a singular specific weakness, music! What song are you going to blast through the speakers to save the world?
- The universe is your oyster, there’s no pandemic, no restrictions on money or methods of travel. Where do you want to go, how do you want to get there and why?
- The world is ending (not hard to imagine at the minute I know), what do you want for your last meal and who do you want to share it with?
- How are you today?
Chris Joynson, aka the Infallible Fish, is a writer, blogger and lover of animation living in Sheffield. The blog updates every Friday or you can follow me on Twitter @ChrisGJoynson.